Monday, November 28, 2016

Move By The Spirit

My first experience of really knowing the presence of God in my heart was when I traveled to St Lucia on behalf of the travel wholesaler company that I was working for at the time. I was relaxing in my seat on the airplane and we were close to landing on the island, and the Holy Spirit came over me and through me. I could feel His love, comfort and acceptance of me. The feeling was so strong, that I was smiling profusely.

When I opened my eyes, a passenger sitting across from me in the other aisle, wanted to know what I was thinking about, since I seemed to be very happy. I just smiled at them and really didn't say much, because how could I explain the feeling of total love and acceptance? I doubted that this person was a believer, and this was pretty early in my spiritual development; I am not sure that I could do so right now. Some things cannot be explained with just words, you really have to experience them for yourself.

That experience was over 10 years ago, and at the time I hadn't really begun to hear the Lord speaking to my heart, but His presence was very strong because I had begun to focus upon Him. I had always felt His presence growing up, usually in church, but I wasn't aware what the feeling was or what it meant to feel it. I saw people praising Him in church, shouting, sometimes crying, and demonstrating 'the move of the spirit', as that is what happened in black churches and as it still does today. It didn't know why they did those things, and it wasn't until I had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that I began to appreciate who He was and then I wanted to praise His name.

When you allow yourself to be moved by His Spirit, you enter a new dimension of love and acceptance, and no other experience you will ever have in this world will beat it. Keep your focus on Him and His word, and you will be filled with His spirit and it will overflow from your heart into your mind and body, and into all the situations of your life. If you can't hear His voice in your heart, don't worry; just continue to pray, read the bible, and worship Him on a daily basis.

Spiritual maturity comes with practice, and that means keeping a steady communication with God in prayer, in praise, and in worship. Studying the word of God is necessary; the word flowing from your heart and from your mouth changes you. It helps a great deal if you can see the world as the Lord sees it, and wisdom flows from those who meditate on God's word on a daily basis.

It is important to know, that you cannot do anything righteous without the move of the Spirit in your heart. We can love others, even our enemies, because of the work of the Holy Spirit. Don't condemn yourself when your old human nature rises up from time to time because the Lord will not condemn you. Allow yourself to be led by the Holy Spirit, and you will not act on any thought or desire that is not within the will of God. He loves you, and as long as you continue in Him, and listen to the promptings of His Spirit, He will not focus on your weaknesses.

Be encouraged, because all your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are dealing with the same issues; we will never be perfect on this side of eternity, but we serve a perfect God, who will use our weaknesses perfectly to fulfill the plans that He has for our lives.

Be patient and let Him do what is necessary to get the best out of you and your life. Love Him, and He will reveal His heart and mind to you. Obey Him, and your life will give Him glory. Trust Him, and He will protect you from the coming storm. Give Him praise, and you will live in His presence forever.

Thank you Jesus, for loving us so much, and for filling me with joy and happiness in my heart as I worship you everywhere and at all times!

If you would like to know that type of joy, please repeat this simple prayer:

Prayer of Salvation

Lord,

I repent for trying to be master of my own life. I change my mind about who I want to be in charge of my life. I turn from my useless and unproductive thoughts that I am the center of my universe and choose to believe in the living God who created everything, including me (Acts 14:15). I have lived without a purpose but now I will live to hear and obey You, God (Jn. 5:19, 20,30).

I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I believe that God so loved the world He sent His only Son Jesus to shed His blood to wash away the barrier of sin (Jn. 3:16)

I receive You, Jesus as MY Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:11,12).

I welcome You, Holy Spirit, into my life to rescue and empower me and to restore me to intimacy with my heavenly Father (Acts 2:38).

If you just confessed this prayer, you are saved! I welcome you into the family my (brother/sister) I pray for peace, joy, and happiness in your life as you allow the Lord to love you and bless you and give you assurance of everlasting life with Him forever and ever......PRAISE GOD!

May the Lord keep you and Bless you this day....AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment