Friday, November 4, 2016

In Your Image

by louis gander

You made me in Your image Lord,
but I broke through the mold.
I thought my way was better so
I didn't do as told.
I lived in curiosity
when I was just a child.
I grew up wanting everything,
was selfish and was wild.

I lived in all my foolishness
and put myself in bubble.
And when I drew my idols in -
it got me into trouble.
One rainy day my bubble burst
and so I sat depressed.
Drenching wet I swallowed pride
that should have been addressed.

If I could start all over Lord,
I'd listen and obey.
And that way I would not be in
the fix I am today.
You'd make me in Your image Lord.
I wouldn't break the mold.
I'd know your way was better and
I'd do as I was told.

2016 louis gander - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - Since age 50, Louis Gander has been writing poetry, including "story poetry". You can read more at ganderpoems.org Please leave a quick comment if you enjoy one of my poems. Thank you!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com-CHRISTIAN WRITERS

No comments:

Post a Comment