Friday, December 23, 2016

A Thanksgiving Christmas Prayer

Lord, we give you thanks for a new day
to praise your name. You are our God,
Our Savior, The Lover of our souls;
We magnify your name in all of the earth
Glory to your Name forever and ever!

I thank you Lord, for your precious gifts,
I thank you for peace, I thank you for joy,
for the comfort of your presence in my heart.
You have given me hope, and a purpose for my life.

And, Dear Jesus, how can I express the happiness of
knowing how much you love me; your love is
passionate and pure, the driving force of this
universe. How can I ever thank you for loving me
so much that You died for me on a cross?

That is why I celebrate your birth at Christmas,
that is why the scene of a baby boy laying humbly in a manger
with His father and mother, with barn animals, shepherds and angels,
is a sweet one. What was it like, Dear Mary, to kiss
the face of my Lord as He smiled at you?

Thank you Jesus, for loving me so much, that you were willing
to be born in the most humble and ordinary of places, so that
you could be with us, teach us, fellowship with us, love us,
die for us. I will never forget your sacrifice!

I Will Bless Your Name Forever And Ever. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment