Saturday, October 22, 2016

Do You Have Enough Faith?

The definition of faith is complete trust or confidence in someone, some concept or belief; it means you are thoroughly convinced that something is true, and that you will follow this belief no matter what happens. When you decided to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you professed your belief in His existence, and the truths found in the Holy Bible. Once you made that decision, the Lord accepted you as a citizen in the kingdom of God, and He adopted you into His family, the Body of Christ.

I find it helpful to explore the definitions of the core words and beliefs of my faith, because it helps me to focus on the important points, and to ignore the superficial ones. Faith is a word that is used and reinforced in sermons and songs, in christian literature, services, and meetings. Faith is necessary for christian living; you cannot say you are a true christian if you don't believe in the Word of God or in the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ.

But when do you know for sure if you have enough faith? Is there a minimum faith requirement, and what would be a maximum faith requirement? The Lord knows that as weak and fragile human beings, we can't always see things clearly; we tend to create a world picture based upon our own needs and desires. Change is never easy, because we want to hold onto what we have always known or accomplished, and so the idea that maybe our own world view is flawed or incomplete is a hard pill to swallow.

The truth is, our nature tends to make us shy away from seeing things as they really are. The world today is more broken and flawed than it has ever been before, and many are still trying to hold on to beliefs and convictions that are literally tearing the world apart. You cannot begin to understand faith in God until you can see the world for what is really is, a world full of darkness on the verge of destruction.

Revelation of the world's real status comes from understanding who you are and how insignificant man's contribution has been in developing this world in a peaceful and compassionate manner. Once you understand that man cannot hope to solve the world's problems by themselves, you can come to a place in yourself where you can begin to ask the question, Is there a God and can He help us out of this situation we put ourselves into? Does He care about us at all?

Once you start questioning the 'wisdom' of the world, then your heart is receptive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, who will guide you to the truth if you let Him do so. When your heart and mind is receptive, then faith can begin to grow in your heart. Faith is given to us to believe in the word of God, and to come to the conclusion that yes, there is a God, and that He sent His One and Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins, and to redeem us from the curse of the law and to make us righteous in God's eyes; when He sees us now, He doesn't see fragile helpless human beings, controlled by sin and a fallen human nature, He sees the Blood of His Dear Son, Jesus Christ. Because we choose to respond in faith, and believe in His Son,Jesus Christ, we are kings, Queens, and priests who will serve in the House of the Lord forever and ever.

So, the minimum measure of faith begins when we make the decision to become born again believers, and that faith and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, guides us into deeper levels of faith that have no limits. You can tell what level of faith you have achieved by reading the word of God, and by evaluating your lifestyle: Do you believe in your heart that there is a God and that He loves you? When you have problems, do look to God's word for a solution? When you pray, do you ask the Lord for His will in your life and for wisdom to solve your problems? When you receive your answer, do you act according to His will, or your own?

How much faith do you need to make a difference in your life?

Luke Chapter 17:1-6

Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. So watch yourselves.

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”

He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.


Mark 11:23-24

(If I would)...say to this mountain, ‘you must immediately be removed and you must immediately be cast into the sea,’ and would not doubt in my heart but would believe that what I am saying is happening, it will be to me. I must continally pray for everything, then for whatever I am asking, I believe that I have taken it, and it will be there for me.

So, according to Jesus, a small amount of faith can move mountains! Wherever you are in your christian walk, as long as you have even a small measure of faith, you can succeed in life to do the things that the Lord is prompting you to do, even the big insurmountable issues of life! Just keep on doing the things that help you to grow in Christ, like reading the word, praying, worship and fellowship with the Lord in His presence, and your faith will increase with diligence and determination. When you are convinced that He is real, that He loves you, and that He will never leave you or forsake you, you will continue in your christian walk regardless of the circumstances.

Thank you God for Your grace and mercy, for You pursued me with love and compassion, and forgave my faults and my sins, and showed me a new way of living and loving. Thank you Lord, for the measure of faith I received to believe in you so that I may dwell in the House of the Lord forever and ever! AMEN

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you have been questioning what life is really all about and would like a true answer to all of your questions, then ask the Lord to give you a measure of faith to receive His revelation - repeat this prayer:

Prayer of Salvation

Lord,

I repent for trying to be master of my own life. I change my mind about who I want to be in charge of my life. I turn from my useless and unproductive thoughts that I am the center of my universe and choose to believe in the living God who created everything, including me (Acts 14:15). I have lived without a purpose but now I will live to hear and obey You, God (Jn. 5:19, 20,30).

I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I believe that God so loved the world He sent His only Son Jesus to shed His blood to wash away the barrier of sin (Jn. 3:16)

I receive You, Jesus as MY Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:11,12).

I welcome You, Holy Spirit, into my life to rescue and empower me and to restore me to intimacy with my heavenly Father (Acts 2:38).


If you just confessed this prayer, you are saved! I welcome you into the family my (brother/sister) I pray for peace, joy, and happiness in your life as you allow the Lord to love you and bless you and give you assurance of everlasting life with Him forever and ever......PRAISE GOD!

May the Lord keep you and Bless you this day....Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment