Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Power of Faith in Our Lives

Romans 4:17-21
...God...speaks of the nonexistent things that [He has promised]
as if they [already] existed.
...[I call things that are not in existence as if they already exist]
And not being weak with respect to his faith, [Abraham]...
attentively considered his own body permanently dead, he
being about one hundred years old, also the deadness of
Sarah’s womb. Moreover, in view of the promise of God, he did
not vacillate in the sphere of unbelief between two mutually
exclusive expectations but was strengthened with respect to his
faith, having given glory to God, and was fully persuaded that
what He had promised with finality He was able also to do...

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.....we are to cling to the truths of the gospel, and believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. He makes our lives bearable in a world that does not want to believe in love and compassion; there are plenty of people who will tell you that love is valuable, you will hear plenty of love songs on the radio, but very people ever practice the state of love.

1 Corinthians ch 13 4-13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Faith gives us access to the eternal love and power that exists in the Glory of God. He gives us the strength to face each day and every problem with peace and joy; to access this peace and joy, we must give glory to Him, by prayer, obedience, praise and exhortation. To be in the presense of His Love is know the Love of a Father with His child. And once you know that type of love, nothing that you desire in this world can compare; your faith strengthens as you focus on who He is and His Love for you.

So when strange circumstances occur in your life, and God is leading you to do things that seem strange and unusual, you will have the confidence to step out in obedience, because you already knows just how much He loves you and you know that the outcome will be good and will bring glory to God.

We are His representatives in the world, to help facilitate change in the hearts and minds of the people who are looking for something more than what the world can give. We show our love and support for each other in Christ, and we show our love for others by loving them with the love of Christ. This type of love far outweighs our own; we cannot love our neighbors or our enemies without it.

So, trust in the promptings of the Holy Spirit, obey the leadings of the Lord; He will not put you in a circumstance that you cannot handle, and the outcome will be beneficial to you as well as for the people around you in your life. He knows our limitations and it doesnt bother Him at all because He is not limited. Don't limit His grace and mercy in your life by insisting on doing things your way.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

If you would like to experience this Love of God and you desire change in your life, please repeat this prayer:

Prayer of Salvation

Lord,

I repent for trying to be master of my own life. I change my mind about who I want to be in charge of my life. I turn from my useless and unproductive thoughts that I am the center of my universe and choose to believe in the living God who created everything, including me (Acts 14:15). I have lived without a purpose but now I will live to hear and obey You, God (Jn. 5:19, 20,30).

I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I believe that God so loved the world He sent His only Son Jesus to shed His blood to wash away the barrier of sin (Jn. 3:16)

I receive You, Jesus as MY Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:11,12).

I welcome You, Holy Spirit, into my life to rescue and empower me and to restore me to intimacy with my heavenly Father (Acts 2:38).

If you just confessed this prayer, you are saved! I welcome you into the family my (brother/sister) I pray for peace, joy, and happiness in your life as you allow the Lord to love you and bless you and give you assurance of everlasting life with Him forever and ever......PRAISE GOD!

May the Lord keep you and Bless you this day....Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment