Friday, April 14, 2017

A Good Friday

...“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going...”

John Ch 14 1-4


This morning, I woke up happy and content; I spoke to my God and Savior and He spoke back to me. He comforted me; I had a bad night and I prayed that He would help me, heal me, that I would see another day. This is not an unusual experience for me, He has healed me before in the past, and everytime that He has done so, it makes me stronger physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You see, He will never leave me or forsake me as long as I am willing to allow Him to live in my heart. He wants to be close to you and to me, He wants to help us, He wants a relationship with us, to be loved by us.

Now, every living being with a heart wants to be loved, and no one who wants to be loved should be denied that love. He has made us to love Him, to worship Him, and He will not beg for our attention, but He will whisper in our ears, and touch our hearts so that we can believe in Him, and cherish Him, and when we do, He will give us the victory. What a pleasure to wake up in the morning and to know His love expressed in your heart by the presence of the Holy Spirit; that is when you will know that He will do everything that He can for His little ones, His children. Do you doubt that He would do that for you? Then, I encourage you to seek Him with all of your heart, and to consider what Jesus Christ did for all of us at the cross.

God gave us His best, His Son Jesus Christ, as a sacrifice for our sins, and He was willing to die on the cross so that we could live with Him, in His presence forever and ever. No one will ever love you the way that my Jesus and my God loves you; He is worth your time, so consider what He has done for you, and then ask yourself if you will find a better 'god' anywhere else.

Today is Good Friday, and it is good because of what Jesus did for us, He died to atone for our sins, and then rose from the dead 3 days later, triumphant over satan and his demons, over every principality and power in heaven and on earth, only God the Father is higher. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and He will give you the Kingdom of peace and love if you let him.

When He died, his disciples were full of grief and despair, and those 3 days were dark for them, but when He arose on Sunday, full of power, authority and peace, they knew what it is like to receive back a loved one from the grave, from death itself, and then they were able to celebrate, and their hope was restored. Do you need your hope restored? Do you want to know what it is like to be loved by the creator of the universe? Then ask Him to come into your heart, and you will never be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment