Friday, May 26, 2017

How To Be Righteous In God's Eyes

We came from the valleys and the low places, we traveled long distances, carrying only our fears and our griefs and our heart's deepest desires, to see Him, the One who could heal us, to lay ourselves and our burdens at the thone of His Grace, where mercy, love, and peace abound.

We had no assurances within our hearts that He would accept us, only the words of past pilgrims who had come this way before us; they said that there is peace, wonderful peace in Zion; we have nothing left to lose, for we have tried every solution, concept, and remedy known to man. We heard the Lamb Of God has everything that we need to be healed, to be whole.

At last, we come to the mountaintop, to Zion and we kneel before Him, and what does He ask of us? Nothing that we expected, we would have done mighty deeds, or given all of our money to the poor. We would have worked in His temple for thousands of years as a lowly janitor, sweeping away the dirt and the tears from before His Presence, but He asked nothing from us, expect that we believe in Him, that we accept His gift of love and sacrifice, that we accept Him as Our Lord and Savior.

There we were, at His feet, broken and confused, depressed and lonely, helpless and needy like newborn babies; as we acccepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we became renewed in our hearts and minds, with new found peace, smiles on our faces, with unspeakable joy. It was that simple, I thought, truly the worse is over? How can that be?

The One who saved me looked at me, with love and compassion and said, "Yes, my child, the worse is over, you will live with me forever and ever in my presence, and no one will be able to take you from me. I will protect you and guide you, I will fight your battles; keep your focus on me and not on your problems, and you will have victory in Me".

I was overcome with delight, and I knew I could never repay Him for what He had done. I could not understand why He would love me, a sinner, so much; He never condemned me, He just lifted His hands toward me and gave me a hug, and then I knew I would never leave from His side ever again.

Then He looked upon us and smiled, and said, "Now is the time for peace and for celebration, for you, our children, were lost and now are found, you were blinded by your selfish pride, but now you can see the truth with a heart of love and compassion. Because of this, I now declare you citizens of the Kingdom of God, and you are righteous in our eyes." He said this as we stood before the Throne of God, as Father God looked down upon us with pleasure and approval, and the Holy Spirit whispered love and affection into our hearsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment